How is the process of financing goods for foreigners in the United States?
There is a funding called Foreign National, specific to non-residents. Our partner banks offer the same rates offered to Americans – 4% to 8.5% per year – with an entry fee that varies from 25 to 50%.
What can I buy?
You can buy any type of property: houses, apartments, townhomes (townhouses), as well as commercial properties and vehicles.
What is prequalification?
This is the first step in the process. It is when we receive, for analysis, the initial documents requested from the client. After this analysis, we will know what other documents will be needed to continue and what will be the ideal purchase price. In addition, prequalification allows us to define the best financing options for you.
How do I get the prequalification letter?
Just send us the documents below:
- Completed Registration Form (Click here and download the form)
- Copy of valid passport and visa of the borrower and spouse
- Bank statement of the last 3 months with funds to enter the property
- Income tax return for the past 2 years
The analysis of the documents is done in a maximum of two days. We then issue the letter so you can start looking for your ideal home.
Am I able to finance a property in the USA?
After document analysis, the client is pre-approved and is able to finance. Our banks offer different products to foreigners. So, we choose the best bank for you.
How much will it cost me?
There is no cost until prequalification. We are paid by the bank only at the end of the process. We only receive it after closing (date of signing the deed and handing over the keys).
Some third party fees are mandatory and charged during the process:
- Appraisal – which is a market value report for the house and varies between $ 550.00 and $ 850.00, depending on the size and location of the house
- Sworn translation – when requested by the bank
- Condo Questionnaire – when the property is a condo / apartment or townhome without a lot number (around U $ 150.00)
- International Credit Analysis – when requested by the bank (average of U $ 250.00 per person, per financing)
Do I have to open a US bank account?
Yes. Banks require a US account, but it should not always be at the same bank as the financing. It will be used to automatically debit the financing installments.
Is financing approval guaranteed?
No. We depend on the bank’s analysis. However, we pre-qualify based on bank rules, which makes approval much easier after we send your documentation.
If there is a failure, is it definitive?
No. We will always look for another option if the first attempt is denied, that is, look for other options in the bank, or even look for another bank.
What are the interest rates and the financing term?
Interest rates vary from 4% to 8.5% and the terms are always 30 years. In some cases, interest rates are fixed, in others, only up to the first 3 or 5 years. Then, they may vary by up to 2% per year, with a maximum ceiling of 6% more in the 30 years of financing.
What is the minimum entry fee?
There is no minimum value, however, today the entries vary from 25% to 50% of the property value. The minimum financing amount is 120 thousand dollars and the minimum property value, for foreigners, is 160 thousand dollars. That is, the value of the property must be at least $ 160,000 for foreigners.
Other documents requested during the process:
- Letter of Accountant, if businessman
- Copy of Accountant’s CRC
- Letter from the Employer and the last 3 payslips / pay checks, if employee *
- 2 Bank Reference letters
- Last 3 months of 2 credit card statements
- Copy of Property Tax and Condominium (most recent)
- Proof of updated address (cont
Follow information to facilitate your financing in Orlando
We will do many email exchanges asking for documents, information and electronic signatures. Please always get emails
Click here to know the process
Click here for an example of financing